Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 2009 update

9th Mapping session

More tweaking with the T & C levels and minor changes in the middle freq's

The CUNY listening test ( listening to CD with long sentences with American accent ) was a breeze and score 90%+ correct with both left & right processors on - I am very happy with that result considering that I only had my right implant inserted three months ago

Other changes was adding the T-switch program to processor mapping i.e. Program 2

Speaking of the T-switch I have found that using mobile phones and cordless phones to give off buzzing / humming interference :( So basically I use my normal program setting and cope just fine

Where as using the T-switch for corded phones e.g. land line phones - works like a charm

Magical bilateral moment happened to me today - listening to the rescue helicopter landing on heli pad @ Flinders medical centre - it was a buzz to be able to hear / listen to the helicopter rotor's going WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP like in the movies and stand close to helicopter

No comments: